The equipment that we use daily in our work consumes energy even when we do not use them.
Whole 20 percent of electricity consumption on an average work stand-by electricity - Ie electricity computers, screens mM. consuming when you do not use them.
A simple way to reduce unnecessary electricity costs carbon and hijack, is pressing “Off-knappen” as often as we can. Neither lamps, computers or screens feel bad shutting down.
Right about computers
- Computers get longer life if they are closed at night.
- Flat screens consume a lot of electricity even when the computer is off.
Myths about computers
- Computer wear and can break if you turn it too often.
- A screen saver save energy.
- Flat screens draws so little that one can just as easily leave them on.
Did you know that:
- All computers in the world gives as much carbon as all air traffic in the world?